Med-Q Smart pill reminder to stop missed doses
Ever Miss a Dose of Your Medicine? … some Good Pointers
First of all, The fact of the matter is that most seniors miss taking one or more of their prescribed prescription medicines as directed by their health care professionals. Second of all, Men and Women feel that they can correct the missed dose by taking more the next time. third of all, Doubling or tripling up on pills may lead negative side effects or even worse. Finally, This problem could be solve with a smart pill reminder.
Loved One without a Smart pill reminder to siop missed doses.
Not using a smart pill reminder or smart pill organizer. Mr. Carson has been taking a new prescription for 6 weeks. Mr Carson just got a new job. He has been very busy with the new job as well as the other pressures of day to day life. He did not use a pill box or pill reminder. He was missing doses of his medication 2 or 3 times a week. He did soon realized that he had been skipping his daily dose.
To solve the problem, he took three tablets to “make up for it.” A few hours later Mr. Carson surprised his fellow co-workers…his speech was very slurred and nonsensical. He got dizzy and then stumbled when he walked, became drowsy and then threw-up. He then fainted. He was rushed to the ER in an ambulance. He had Over-Dosed on his prescription medication.
If one misses their normal daily doses, here’s what you should do:
- Do not take more than you normal dose of medicine.
- Read the directions on the prescription pills . Some medicines come with directions on what to do if you miss your regular dose.
- Never hesitate to call your pharmacist or healthcare professional to answer any question
- Work out a plan for your next dose with your pharmacist or doctor.
- Talk with your pharmacist or doctor about any concerns you might have.
- Always keep the pharmacist as well as your doctor in your purse or wallet.