Smart Pill Dispenser to Control High Blood Pressure
MED-Q smart Pill Dispenser for High Blood Pressure Study
In fact, a study of 72,000 people that had high blood pressure in the European Heart Journal was done. First of all, it discovered patients who did not take medication right had a four-fold increased risk of dying from a stroke. Second of all, a smart pill dispenser is a simple solution to this problem. Third of all, a study of 72,000 people that had high blood pressure was done. To clarify the European Heart Journal discovered patients who did not take medication right had big rise of dying from a stroke. Finally, a smart pill dispenser is a simple solution to this problem.
Furthermore, risk was based on how adhering correctly to medications schedules. In addition, compared to the two categories of non-adherence. Consequently, multiple types of pill reminders were used. For example, a smart pill dispenser and electronic pill reminders have been shown to work best.
The researchers looked at to types of of anti hypertensive drugs. For example, they found that non-adherent patients taking diuretics or beta-blockers had a 750% increased risk of death . In addition, a 4oo% increased risk of hospitalization. The Academy of Finland is where the study was done. More-so, done at the UK Medical Research Council, the UK Economic and Social Research Council. Also Involved, The US National Institutes of Health.
- First of all, a smart pill box with alarm will assure proper medication. Furthermore, it will prevent a threefold increased risk in the tenth year.
- Second of all, an smart pill dispenser user vs. a non user had a 5.7-fold lower risk of dying from a stroke
- Third of all, men and women who didn’t use a electronic pill clock to take their medication suffer. In fact, more likely to need hospital care after a stroke.
- Forth of all, hospitalizations were 270% higher in year 2. this was after taking anti-hypertensive pills. Hence, now compare to adherent patients, and 1.7-fold higher in year ten.
- Finally, the year in which they went to the hospital with a stroke, their risk was nearly two-fold higher. In like manner, a pill clock user prevents death.
How important is Medication Compliance for Seniors?
These results emphasize the importance of patients taking their prescription medications and supplements properly in order to greatly lower the actual risk of both fatal and non-fatal strokes. Non-adherent patients have a greater risk. Equally important even ten years before they suffer a stroke.
They considered that patients adhered if they took them correctly more than 92 Percent of the time. Non-adherence was divided into 2 different grouping. One group had intermediate adherence (35-85 Percent adherence), and the other group had very bad adherence (less than 29 Percent). An automatic pill box with alarms was not used in the study adherence control. The study included 72,445 people aged 35 and up. Of these, 2,108 died from stroke and 23,810 went to the hospital with a stroke.
The MED-Q smart pill dispenser with alarms can be the difference between life and death. With new study information the need for a Medication dispenser has been proven. A simple change in you medication management can have life changing implications.