smart pill box with alarms Helping Loved Ones with Prescription Medications
Seniors need a smart pill box with alarms with their 6-8 Daily Life-Saving Pills
Part II of tips on ways to help loved ones manage their medications. The first step in fighting Non-Compliance is using a smart pill box with alarms or some type of smart pill reminder. Remember, any of the tips that Med-Q Pill box has provide are 100% useless unless you actually take your pills. As Former US Surgeon General, C Everett Kopp once said, ” Medication will not work if you don’t take it.”
The Best smart Pill box with alarms For Caregivers taking care of their Families
If you are the care giver for family and friends making sure they take their pills in the proper doses and the proper times is critical to maintain a health life. It is not unusual for caregivers to stress and worry about their loved ones. It is safe to say that being a caregiver is a very difficult responsibility.
Symptoms persisting despite drug treatment.
- Seniors begin started a medication protocol to prevent certain medical symptom. Typical would be pain issues, experiencing levels of heartburn, degrees of incontinence as well as bouts of depression. In today’s day and age , with busy doctors and patients , Many seniors will put off seeing their Doctor until the symptom have become very bad. This make s treatment difficult at best.
- Studies have found that in is typical to prescribe a “starter dose”. Then the starter dose is never adjusted for max benefits.
- The Elderly often living with the risks and side effects of taking the pills. This certainly will include the prescription costs.
- Geriatricians will monitor the drugs for symptoms as well as making sure that they are improving or maintaining quality of life.
Keep an Eye on Drug interactions.
Many Prescription Medications and Supplements to interact with each others. A frequent source of problems is warfarin, a commonly-used blood thinner, which can interact with antibiotics as well as with other drugs. (Despite its risks, it’s often appropriate to prescribe warfarin to an older adult.)
- Warfarin is the most common causes of medication-related hospitalizations in seniors.
- To try to lower the chances of a big problems, users ought to use some extra care with warfarin The effect (via the prothrombin blood test) and extra care in checking for interactions.
Bad Side-effects are from the strong effect on Seniors
- Blood pressure medications at a dose that brings blood pressure much lower than the goal blood pressure. This can result in light headedness and dizziness, or even falls, when a senior stands up quickly.
- If the Senior’s Blood sugar is too low (Caused by diabetes medication), this can also lead to falls and can cause faster cognitive decline from Alzheimer’s or dementia.
Smart pill box with alarms for Pills on time
- Seniors , age 65 and over, average 6-8 pills a day. Many are taken through out the course of the day. It is difficult for them to stay on a good medication regime. Medication errors can become a impediment to a good quality of life.
- Many elderly can’t take all their pills correctly This could lead to serious effects on the person’s health or even longevity of life.
- Cost of medications. Even with prescription drug coverage provided by Medicare Part D, the monthly costs of medications can be high. This is a burden for older adults, who often have limited financial resources.
- It can also cause people to skip taking certain medications, or not fill prescriptions for more expensive medications (such as inhalers).
With all the potential medical problems out of your control, medication management is something you can be proactive on. A smart pill box or pill organizer can eliminate one of the areas for mistakes Part III will go into the proactive things that you can do.