The Best Shower Benches For Seniors well as the Disabled
For people who need assistance for getting into a tub can be a crisis waiting to happen. People who need help to take a shower or bath, a bathtub transfer bench is the problem solver. The way it functions is that a person sits at the end of the transfer bench that is located on the outside rim of your bathtubs.
Then, the person needs to swing the leg over the top of the tub. Then they need to center on the bench. Now they can actually get in. They can then gently scoot over to access the interior of the tub.
MED-Q Pill Box Picks for the Best Shower Bench
The Platinum transfer bench is an option that has received solid reviews. It provides a functional and simplified means for handicapped individuals to take a shower. This will often negate the need for paid assistance.
A simple thing can literally change your entire life. If you trip on a rug or slip on a wet floor it may be the beginning of the end. . If you fall, you could break a bone, like thousands of older men and women do each year. For older people, a break can be the start of more serious problems, such as a trip to the hospital, injury, or even disability.
4 Best Shower Benches For Seniors
Platinum Health Product Specs
- Quality sliding transfer bench that makes it easy to pivot into the tub. Platinum Health products are used in nursing homes, private residences as well as hospitals
- No tools required to assemble- most buyers assemble it in under 10 minutes
- Padded, non-slip armrests (Made of medical-grade polyurethane that is waterproof. Finally, it simple to disinfect as well as clean
- The pivoting, padded arm rests can also be raised and lowered, locking into place, meaning they can be used as leverage
- Colorful color design has been engineered so that important parts of the chair are more easily recognized by users with vision problems or dementia. In fact, this lowers the chances of slips and falls.
Plastic Transfer Bench equipped with an Adjustable Backrest
- Durable backrest on top of an A-frame
- Height adjusts in .5 inch increments
- Pinch-free lever allows for push pins to be depressed without pinching fingers
- Seat Dimensions: 18.5-19.5″(D) x 26″(W) x 17.5-22.5″(H); Outside Legs: 23″(D) x 32″(W); Weight Capacity: 200 lbs
Transfer Shower Bench Adjustable Height, Lightweight Transfer Bath Bench
Duro-Med Heavy-Duty Transfer Bench Shower Chair
- This best-selling sliding transfer bench will make transfers from wheelchairs or walkers to the bath or shower much easier. Whether you use it for yourself or to care for a loved one, it increases safety and minimizes back strain.
- Just position one end of the bench outside the shower and the other end inside. Have the person sit on the seat and you can easily slide them across into the shower.
- Textured plastic seat and back provide a non-slip surface; nylon strap locks and holds seat in place